Around 1935, a group of 13 young people from Columbus, GA "came across the river" and held tent revival meetings here in Phenix City, AL. The young people were led by Reverend Emory Andrews, who felt the call to start an Assembly of God Church in Phenix City. The Revival Meetings were a huge success, and from that small beginning, the group began holding regular services around January of 1935 at
the corner of 7th Ave and 20th St. Thames (then superintendent of the Alabama District) presided over the opening of the Church. Reverend Andrews was elected as church pastor of The Phenix City Assembly of God. It was not until sometime around 1946 that it began going by its present name of First Assembly of God. Shortly thereafter, the church held a tent revival, led by Rev. The congregation had to move into a new building on the corner of Flinn Alley and 10th Ave. Members and friends donated the materials and labor to build the new church. Phenix City First moved in the early 90's to its present location at 3777 Highway 431 North under the leadership of Rev. Barry Danner. A new sanctuary was built and other ministry buildings were added. Rev. Barry and Charlene Danner retired on December 31st 2022 and Rev. Nelson and Amy Lugo were voted as the new lead Pastors.