Visit https://www.wolfesaints.com/worship-links for worship times and links. Anglican worship in Wolfeboro, the Oldest Summer Resort in America, dates back to the days of Colonial Governor John Wentworth, who held services in his home on the shores of what he called "Winnipiscohet Lake" in 1769. Ended by the American Revolution, Episcopal worship returned in 1888 and was taken over by the Rev. Wil
liam Emery of the Sanbornville parish in 1890, establishing a firm relationship between the congregations. In the early 1940's a vacant community church building was used for services. The first parish-owned building was bought in 1944, the year All Saints' was admitted as a mission under Bishop Dallas. Some 225 years following its origin, 1994 marked the 50th official year of the congregation. The first parish building, the former Parker home, was sold in 1958, and ground was broken for the current church on All Saints' Day that year. The new building, designed by noted Norwegian architect, Gustav Hagen, was completed in time for Bishop Hall to lead the first service in the building on All Saints' day in 1959. It has been the the site of Diocesan Conventions in 1972 and 1986, the latter Bishop Theuner's first convention in New Hampshire. The Parish has a lively outreach ministry to the community, participating in and providing leadership for an ecumenical food pantry, the Harbor house, Children's Shelter, Caregivers, Carroll county Against Domestic Violence, Ossipee Mountain Habitat for Humanity, running its Lord & Tailor Thrift shop, and more recently opening a pre-school for area children.